Newport Beach is one of the most festive locations on the West Coast for the Holiday Season! Newport Beach has even been ranked as one of the top 5 destinations for Holiday Lights by Yahoo! Travel.
With all the holiday fun, you may be wondering how to get involved in the local holiday spirit.
If you are considering being a part of Newport Beach holiday magic this season, here are 5 fun ways to get connected with the community:
1. ENTER YOUR BOAT INTO THE NEWPORT BEACH CHRISTMAS BOAT PARADE:
The 105th Annual Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade and Ring of Lights is right around the corner and the Commodores Club of the Newport Beach Chamber of Commerce, invites you to register your boat to be part of this magical tradition!
The Boat Parade will take place from Wednesday, December 18th through Sunday, December 22nd beginning at 6:30 p.m. each evening. The theme this year is “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree!”
Registration is just $25. By registering your boat, you will receive entry numbers allowing you to be part of the official procession and to be eligible for awards.
This year’s categories (including two new ones) include:
- Sweepstakes Winner – The Bill Lusk Award
- Best Humor & Originality (1st – 3rd )
- Best Use of Lights (1st – 3rd )
- Best Animation/Special Effects (1st – 3rd)
- Best Music
- Best Sail Boat
- Best Power Boat
- Best Boat under 30 ft.
- Best New Entry
- Best Yacht Club Entry
- New! Sweepstakes Winner – Non Commercial
- New! Most Entries from a Yacht Club
For more information and how to enter your boat, click here
2. ATTEND THE FIRST EVER ‘CHRISTMAS AT THE BEACH’
Charming Balboa Village is starting off the holiday season at Christmas at the Beach on December 7th from 2:00p.m. – 6:00p.m.
This very merry and complimentary holiday event takes place at the Balboa Village – Home of the Fun Zone – and serves as the perfect quaint seaside setting to kick off Christmas.
- Dog Sled Parade with Santa and Councilman Mike Henn at 4:30p.m.
- Tree Lighting Ceremony at 5:30p.m.
- Cookie Decorating
- Free Wagon Rides
- Wooden Boat Building
- Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Live Music
- Christmas Carolers
- Visit with Santa
- Holiday Movies
Come one, come all!
For more information, click here
3. VOLUNTEER AT CORONA DEL MAR CHRISTMAS WALK:
The 35th Annual Corona del Mar Christmas Walk takes place on Sunday, December 8th and is quickly approaching!
This event is an absolute can’t miss special event filled with holiday festivities for friends, family, locals and visitors! Each year “The Walk” brings together thousands of fun-loving people into the Village of Corona del Mar for live entertainment food, prizes and games in true holiday spirit!
The Corona del Mar Chamber of Commerce is looking for fun volunteers to fill positions! Volunteering is a great way to experience the event, meet new people in the community and to be a part of the social scene.
Shifts available are:
- Fireman’s Grill:
Assisting the Newport Beach fireman by selling hot dogs hot off the grill
- Beer & Wine Garden:
Serving & pouring beer/wine. Must be 21 or over
- Ticket Sales for Beer/Wine Garden:
Must be 21 or over
- ID Check:
Must be 21 or over
- General Set-up
Need Volunteer Community Service hours for High School?
Set up and Break-Down/Clean up shifts available
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and available shifts
4. ATTEND OUR 2013 PARTNER HOLIDAY CELEBRATION
We share the success of a thriving hospitality and tourism industry and it is a result of the incredible partnerships within our tight-knit community.
Please join us to celebrate a wonderful year as we mingle with friends and toast to this amazing past year!
The celebration will take place at Muldoon’s Irish Pub on Thursday December 12, 2013 from 5:30p.m. – 8:30p.m.
Please RSVP here by December 5, 2013.
5. SHOPPING ON BLACK FRIDAY
Ready, set, GO! With the holidays just around the corner, shoppers are gearing up and heading out to make their gift lists and get everything on them! What better way to ensure that you get the perfect gift for each of your loved ones than heading to Newport Beach’s shopping Mecca, Fashion Island? With a variety of high-end stores and exclusive West Coast boutiques, Fashion Island is full of potential when it comes to gift shopping.
Take advantage of the endless deals at stores such as Express, Lucky Brand Jeans, Victoria’s Secret and many more as you stroll around the winter wonderland that Fashion Island becomes during the holidays.
Starting at 8:00a.m. on Friday, November 29th is Fashion Island’s Black Friday Frenzy. Take advantage of the following deal:
- Spend $250 or more at Fashion Island, Irvine Spectrum Center, and/or The Market Place on Friday, November 29. Take your same day receipts to a redemption area at any of the three centers and to enter for a chance to win a $10,000 shopping spree, FREE valet at Irvine Spectrum Center and Fashion Island for one year, and FREE car washes at Irvine Spectrum center for one year!**Visit the holiday pop-up shop to view the season’s hottest gift ideas from Fashion Island’s best retailers and enter for a chance to win a gift of your choice valued at $2,000!***